Monday, January 13, 2014

My little book review - Thirteen to None by Claude Bouchard


Forget stars, this book should get the moon too.

I can no longer say I am a just a fan, I am obsessed!  This series only gets better and better.  Claude Bouchard has a No Holds Barred attitude and it shows as soon as the first few pages.

I have often wondered how to really express what his writing is like and I finally got it.  Picture someone seductively pulling you close as if to tell a dirty little secret, slowly and provocatively so.  As soon as you are within kissing distance you are YANKED so your ear is to their lips and the person menacingly says 'Do I have your attention NOW?'  Yep, that's what it is like reading his books.

Thirteen to None shocked me.  He took some of the innocent, loving and kind characters and Rambofied them!

Let's get to the nitty gritty:

The worst scum that could be born... is born.  This foul creature is the epitome of evil.  He gathers up a crew of misfits and heads out create chaos and mayhem.  On the long list of crimes he added invading homes preferring those with the home owners still in them.  He finally picked one that could be listed as the worst place to invade.  The Barry's!  I admit I was waiting for the usual Vigilante crew to kick bum, make some really bad guys disappear off the living grid but the author, twisted writer that he is, took me for a spin.  There is no way you will be able to put this book down.  Once I was done with the book I was up until late just thinking of the whole plot and outcome.  I had to remind myself....It's a BOOK!  But it's not just a book, it's character growth, increase of plot, action and suspense.

I won't spoil it, I won't say more of the story, I want to, I've retyped this review many times because I found I did.  I will say... Thirteen to None gave my year a roaring start to getting my read on.

If you have read his previous installments you will be shocked.  If you have never read his books you will get hooked.  No matter what, be prepared for the seductive pull that will grab your attention and get you hooked.


Get to know the author - http://www.claudebouchardbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment